No Encyclopedia Entry for Stretcher
Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (n.) One who, or that which, stretches.
2. (n.) A brick or stone laid with its longer dimension in the line of direction of the wall.
3. (n.) A piece of timber used in building.
4. (n.) A narrow crosspiece of the bottom of a boat against which a rower braces his feet.
5. (n.) A crosspiece placed between the sides of a boat to keep them apart when hoisted up and griped.
6. (n.) A litter, or frame, for carrying disabled, wounded, or dead persons.
7. (n.) An overstretching of the truth; a lie.
8. (n.) One of the rods in an umbrella, attached at one end to one of the ribs, and at the other to the tube sliding upon the handle.
9. (n.) An instrument for stretching boots or gloves.
10. (n.) The frame upon which canvas is stretched for a painting.