No Encyclopedia Entry for Royalty
Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (n.) The state of being royal; the condition or quality of a royal person; kingship; kingly office; sovereignty.
2. (n.) The person of a king or sovereign; majesty; as, in the presence of royalty.
3. (n.) An emblem of royalty; -- usually in the plural, meaning regalia.
4. (n.) Kingliness; spirit of regal authority.
5. (n.) Domain; province; sphere.
6. (n.) That which is due to a sovereign, as a seigniorage on gold and silver coined at the mint, metals taken from mines, etc.; the tax exacted in lieu of such share; imperiality.
7. (n.) A share of the product or profit (as of a mine, forest, etc.), reserved by the owner for permitting another to use the property.
8. (n.) Hence (Com.), a duty paid by a manufacturer to the owner of a patent or a copyright at a certain rate for each article manufactured; or, a percentage paid to the owner of an article by one who hires the use of it.