No Encyclopedia Entry for Lure
Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (n.) A contrivance somewhat resembling a bird, and often baited with raw meat; -- used by falconers in recalling hawks.
2. (n.) Any enticement; that which invites by the prospect of advantage or pleasure; a decoy.
3. (n.) A velvet smoothing brush.
4. (n.) To draw to the lure; hence, to allure or invite by means of anything that promises pleasure or advantage; to entice; to attract.
5. (v. i.) To recall a hawk or other animal.